Saturday, August 2, 2008

Planning Moms 50th Birthday Party

In a few weeks, my mom is turning 50 and we have decided to give her a surprise party. After the shock of walking in to all the people in her home I know she will be thrilled about it. My sister and I have decided make a slideshow from pictures of her whole 50 years. Thats a lot of pictures, especially having 3 kids and 4 grandkids!
Anyway today as I was working on the slideshow and looking through all the pictures and picking out songs (oh how that brought back memories of my childhood) I realized how quickly life goes by. I can hardly believe sometimes I am 32 and that I have a 13 year old. So I can only imagine how she feels having a 32, 26 and 25 year old.
Mom still looks like she is about 35, everyone thinks we are sisters. Which in turn I dont mind because she is beautiful, so that is a major compliment to me also. Im really proud of the women she is and I hope one day I can do half the things she has for others.
I also made some phone calls tonight to some lost relatives hoping they can make the party too. Unfortantly one turned out not to be my uncle and it was the number of a complete stranger, but luckily he was understanding and didnt mind the wrong number call. So Im on the search for my mom's half brother. I hope we find him in time!
Planning surprise parties are tough! Hopefully we will be able to pull it off without her ever knowing it! We will see!!!!

No comments:



Cocoa Beach June 2008