Monday, August 25, 2008

What a Weekend!

I actually have so much going on in my head today. I really dont know where to start. I suppose first I will have to tell everyone about my mom.

Saturday was "supposed" to be her surprise 50th birthday party. The one I wrote about a few weeks ago. Well, let just say all last week the planning of this party was getting a little nerve racking. First, for the life of my I could not get the slideshow I prepared to burn to a disk that the DVD player would read, so I spent all week working on that, scared I would not have it done in time.

Second, Hurricane/Trop. Storm Fay hit Florida for 4 days! So that led us to Thursday night when we found out Pop (Bubba, my stepfather) was going to have to work all day and night Saturday and couldnt take mom out to "distract" her until we got ready for the party. Not to mention my brother Jeremy was not going to be there either. They both work for the power companies. Then I had a few other guest back out for other reasons... So it was looking like not much of a party. So we decided to go along with the party but would have to tell her to leave her own home for a few hours.

Then came Saturday morning when she called me to come pick up my neice Katie, because her back was hurting so bad she couldnt move and Mandi was going to take her to the hospital!!!
There goes that plan!! When we got there, she couldnt move and we were not going to be able to get her to the hospital by ourselves, so we had to call an ambulance! Before they came we told her that today was not a good day for this since she was scheduled to have a Surprise Birthday Party at 4:00! I think she was in so much pain she didnt care at that point. So we decided to cancel the big party and chose to just have dinner with just us kids & grandkids when she got home.

While Mandi & Pop had her at the hospital for hours, I got the cake, Charles & Larry cooked the chicken and Kiley went to sonny's to get the sides. Unfortantly, Jeremy was still working and couldnt make it home in time.

She made it home for the hospital at around 4:00 with a torn back muscle. So we all ate and kept her awake long enough for her to blow out the candles on her cake, open her gifts and watch the slideshow. She cried as I knew she would and I did too, just knowing how it touched her that we made it for her.

Today is her actual birthday! She is feeling better Im happy to say, she went to work, where they all made a big deal over her and wheeled her around in a wheel chair and was having a lunch for her. She said she is going home after to rest her back, but Im glad she went into work this morning to see how much her co-workers care for her. Just as I hope she could see on Saturday how much she means to all of us, that we love and admire her with everything in us!

After all She is Simply Amazing At Any Age!!!! Love you Mom!

No comments:



Cocoa Beach June 2008