Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday!!!!

Today is Brant's 13th birthday! I just can't believe that I am the mom of a teenager... although he has been reminding me all week that it is coming... Of course like every other birthday of theirs, I reminisce over the day they were born, the joys and the trials...then I think of how lucky and blessed I am to have both of them.

I have good kids despite the fact they both have been through alot in their little lives, they are emerging victoriously in so many ways! Growing, changing, learning and exploring everyday... I so miss those early days of their lives when they were so dependant on me in every way. Now they almost do everything for themselves, ok not everything... I still do alot for them, but if I werent here they would survive without me for a few hours.

I usually cry every year on their birthdays, even if its a few little tears...I think they expect it... Brant asked me this morning, "are you crying yet?", they know if mom is crying she is happy or proud...tears in my family does not mean only sadness, it simply means our hearts are about to burst with joy and pride, so it has no where to go but out in tears (Right Mom????) I got it from my mom, poor Mandi & Jeremy so many times saw both of us cry over them while they were doing things like singing, pageants, pitching or whatever event we were watching them do...

I've already cried tears of joy and pride over so many things from my kids and I dont think I ever will stop...they know how much I love them when they see me cry with a smile on my face!!!

Little does Brant know I have cried a few times today when thinking about him over the years, but I may have to save just a few for later so he can see I still cry every year on his birthday...
They are the light of my life and joy in my heart!!!

I made 2 collages for their birthdays so Im putting them both on here... Cheyennes birthday was last month and I didnt blog about it because it was still so new to me...so this is for both of them!!!

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

You are such a sincere mom! Happy Birthday Brant! I think it's sweet that you start the waterworks at every birthday! :)



Cocoa Beach June 2008