Friday, November 7, 2008

What a Busy Week!

Well as you all can see I didn't post much this week. Things have been CRAZY!!! The kids were sick, which they are now better Thanks for all your prayers! The only other one in the family sick was little Katie she had bronchitis again, but the rest of us are fine so far (finding a piece of wood to knock on).



I know you all missed my Not Me Monday post and I will try to do it next week. I started volunteering/mentoring at Cheyenne's school on Monday's & Wednesdays, this week and Ive been trying to get back into the routine. I love going there. The 2 little ones I mentor are so sweet and I enjoy spending time with them. I had them both last year too. One of them may be moving and he told me "I don't want to move now, you are my mentor again"...Hopefully he wont be moving anytime soon. They have the mentoring program for children who need an extra ear to read too or just chat and be a friend. We talk about their week, their Friends, family, problems what have you...sometimes when I'm having a bad day when I go there it makes me realize how lucky I am for what I do have. I try to make them see the positive in everything in their lives.


I also started volunteering with a wonderful 1st grade teacher. I enjoy helping her and the kids are great...I can see a great friendship growing between me and Mrs. Ryder. She is a alot of fun to work with.


On Thursday I went to Ocali Cracker Days with Cheyenne's class for a field trip. What an experience that was!!! It was really neat, they had an old Florida Cracker village set up with a blacksmith making tools, a corn grinder making corn meals and grits (yummy), a lady making butter(that butter was better than the store bought stuff), Civil War reenactments, ladies spinning cotton, cracker houses and a church/school. Oh and the ever popular face painting!!!The kids had a blast. Plus I found alot of great places to take pictures!! I will be going back there for some practice!!!


Check out these pics of the fun!







And Today is my birthday! I am 33!!! Wow times flies when your having fun...
Anyway I spent the morning getting my highlights touched up and I cut my hair off...I like it but Im not sure my husband will... Maybe I should do a My Husband Rocks Friday just in case to smooth it over...LOL. He loves long hair and so do I, but after 3 years Im tired of it and I wanted something new...not sure if it will stay like this, I may let it grow back out, but what the heck its only hair! Thank goodness that is one thing that will grow back in no time!!!



We have a whole birthday weekend planned since my brothers bday was Thursday, Mine is today, Jordan's is tomorrow and my niece Lexi's is Sunday! So I will be doing lots of celebrating ! Im sure I will have new pics soon and you can see my new hair do!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday Christy!!!!

Denise said...

I've heard of that cracker village place. sounds neat!! BTW - happy birthday!

Deborah said...

What? no picture of your new haircut?? i was just telling myself the other day that I love your new profile picture but now I can't wait to see you haircut. I need a haircut too...maybe yours will inspire me! :)



Cocoa Beach June 2008