Friday, January 23, 2009

My Last Day as a Full Time SAHM

As I was cleaning up this morning I realized this is my last morning of just taking the kids to school/bus and coming home to start my day. This coming Monday I start my job at the court house and although its only part time and I will still have my afternoons, I feel like my whole world is being turned upside down.

This has not been one of my better weeks. It started Monday and maybe in my subconscious I knew this was my last week of freedom. As crazy as it may seem I just have not been able to shake a feeling of depression. I think I did a good job of hiding it or at least I hope I did. But today has just got me in a choke hold so to speak. Makes me want to crawl back into bed with the covers over my head and not come out.

I used to do it all. I had a full time job, took care of the house, the kids, the animals, the family and everything else that seemed to come my way and took it all in stride. So why am I now feeling like I cant do any of it anymore? I'm sure (or at least I hope)I will be OK once I get settled into a routine. Its just the getting there I'm so scared of. The transition from working to not working was alot easier than this is.


I also took my Substitute Teaching training this week and will be able to sub by next month sometime. My mom is the teacher for the class and I think she did a great job teaching it. At least this way I can try out the teaching world to see if I'm cut out for that or not.

By the way I did make 2 Tu-Tu's. They turned out really cute and I'm waiting for a baby to model them for me so I can take some pictures!

3 comments:

jennykate77 said...

You're going to do just fine! Nothing to worry about! I'll be praying that you have peace about this new transition. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Jeanne said...

I don't want you to be scared. Girl, God did not give you the spirit of fear, but of power, of love, and of a sound mind!!!! I'm praying that your mind will be at peace...and your heart. I'm sure the first day will be a roller coaster of emotions, but I can't wait to hear what you have to say at the end of the week. Christy, He's already gone before you and prepared the way! Plus others really need the gift of your presence in their life. You're just one of those people, ya know. The kind that lifts spirits just by being you. You've certainly lifted mine through simple blog comments. :) Love ya

Deborah said...

don't worry, it will all be fine. god had lead you to this place for a reason...you many not ever figure that reason out but isn't it cool that God makes the plan and we don't have to do anything but live it!? have fun making new friends and learning new things!



Cocoa Beach June 2008