Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Baseball Season Is Upon Us!

For our family after Christmas we know that baseball season is going to be our #1 priority from the end of January until sometime in the summer (depending on Allstars). In the beginning it is a least one night a week and every Saturday. Then it progresses into at least 2 nights a week and some Saturdays. Even though after about 2 months we are ready to drop from exhaustion we love it.

Brant has been playing in Belleview since T-ball, so we have been there for 8 years. Over that time especially the last 3 or 4 we have become pretty close to some of the families and they have since become our "Baseball Family". The kids know each other well and have a good time playing together. They may not always get on the same team and may have to play against each other but they still are all really good friends. Then by the end of the year they are usually together to play Allstars.


This year Larry has decided to be a head coach. He's nervous but confident with Scott as his assistant and with the support of our friends and "baseball family", this will be a good year. It will be a big change for our boys, they will be leaving the smaller fields for the big 13-15 year old field and playing against bigger boys. I know it will be tough for them until they get used to the size and distance of bases, but with this group of boys I know they will have it together in no time.

Once the season starts I will post pics of our team!


Just one more thing I need to add speaking of Baseball. My brother has played baseball for as long as I can remember. In high school he received a scholarship to play at LSCC, where he played for a few years and then got another scholarship for Georgia Southwestern where he played for 2 years. His senior year he had to have a surgery on his elbow due to an injury from being a pitcher. He didn't get to finish playing that year, but stayed to support his team.


Since then every year they have an alumni game at LSCC that he plays in. This past Saturday was this years game. He pitched 3 innings and did a great job! We are all so proud of him! Best of all though was Savannah and Katie watching him through the fence yelling "Go Dad!".


Here is a few pics from the game. I hope to have some really good ones from the sports photographer that was there, he said he would give me a CD with all the pics. He also took some with my camera for me! He was really nice and talked to me a little about photography.


Let's Play Ball!!!!


2 comments:

jennykate77 said...

Baseball is so fun! My husband is a HUGE Cubs fan (therfor, I'm a Cubs fan and so is Isaiah☺). We love baseball. Isaiah played t-ball last year. Can't wait to see pics! I love the ones you took of your brother! Great shots!

Happy Wednesday!

Jeanne said...

All I can say is Awesome pictures!! Who's your photographer? :)



Cocoa Beach June 2008