Tuesday, September 30, 2008

He Needs A What?

I have to take Brant for a Bone Age today. I never thought I would have to take him for one, they are not bad, just an x-ray of the hand. I am used to Cheyenne getting them regularly because she has been having them since she was 2, but she is growing so fast they do them to keep track of how rapidly her bones are aging. For example the last one she had, her bone age said she was almost 10.5 but she actually was only 7.5...which means her body (and hormones) are growing faster than they should.

However Brant is short, he is smaller than most 13 years olds, he looks about 11. So the other day when I took him for his checkup, she informed me she felt he was developing too fast...WHAT???? I didn't take her seriously at first, I kinda laughed and said well he is 13...and she said "more advanced than most". So now she wants him to have a bone age to see if his bones are growing right with his age... I'm not really worried, because he is very healthy and it may only mean that he may end up shorter than most men... I don't know how it works other than if they start producing hormones too early it will make them shorter than they are supposed to be...they tell me that Cheyenne (even though she is the tallest 3rd grader I have ever seen) could end up short??? Confusing I know. Cheyenne takes shots to keep her from developing any further right now...but I'm just so shocked that Brant is also doing the same thing and with totally different characteristics. I'm actually interested in knowing now if it is something in my genes that causes this. We will have to wait to find out...I'll update when I get the results!
***************************************************
Need a little comedy break?
Kids say the funniest things sometimes and I wish I had a recorder or notebook at all times to write them down, because I cant remember them all...One day I will have to do a post on the ones I do remember...
Anyway this morning we went to the gas station and I asked Brant to pump the gas, I told him I would get out and get it started but I wanted him to pump it...I just had on a pair of my walking gym shorts and a tank top with the little bra top built in (not much support in those)...so when he gets done I get out and help him close the cap and jump back in the car, when I did I looked up and some man waved at me...I said "Oh that's great, he probably saw my outfit", Brant asked me "What would you do if a man asked you for your phone number?" I showed him my hand with my wedding ring and before I could say anything he said "Tell him 1-800-I HAVE A HUSBAND!"
Out of the mouths of babes!!! Have a great day!

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

Your Brant is hilarious! :) I hope everything goes well with the bone thingy....I've never heard of such! Sounds like it'll all be okay, though.

lori said...

Brant is a funny kid. Both your kids are adorable.

Kepp us posted on the bone stuff

Harper Valley said...

I love the 800 comment! Awesome.

Hope Alexander said...

I just want to tell you I love your blog! You go girl!!! Hope



Cocoa Beach June 2008