Saturday, October 4, 2008

Just A Little Walk

It's amazing how just a walk can do wonders for your mind, soul and body. I try to walk a few times a week for several reasons not only for exercise...however I do feel better after I walk physically.

The past few weeks I have only walked once or twice a week and boy do I feel it! We have had sickness in the house, then followed by too much stuff to do or just feeling lazy...So I need to get back on my routine... Funny how you can start a routine, any routine including something with the kids, eating healthier, exercising, going to bed earlier, getting the kids up earlier, and then something comes along and disrupts the whole house! Then your back to square one again, saying to yourself you need to get back in the routine you started! I have never quite figured out how to make a routine a habit...they don't last long enough to turn into a habit, not with kids...

Anyway back to walking...I usually take Chance our puppy. He loves it when I come out with the leash he sits patiently waiting for me to latch it on his collar. I just recently started listening to Cheyenne's Hannah Montana MP3 player, which has a mixture of her favorite songs, but sometimes I like to walk in silence... I use the time to pray or think out a problem we are facing...If I'm stressed that little 15 minutes can make all the difference in the way the rest of my day will go...I come back feeling recharged and ready to go again. It reminds me of that song "Just A Little Talk With Jesus"...so true...its a great time to look at nature and see everything God has made for us and truly thank him for his blessings, rather it be the sun shinning down on you or the breeze that seems to wrap you up like a big hug, it all just feels so good!

Yesterday I put some songs by Chris Tomlin on her MP3 player and listened to it while I walked, it had to be the best walk Ive had in a long time...I really listened to the words and concentrated on how it made me feel like I was walking closer to God than I have in a lot of years, I have always prayed and believed, just not always been as close as I should have been.

We are trying so hard to "Keep the Faith", we tell each other daily to Have Faith, the Lord will take care of us. Sometimes its hard to see it through all the bad news about our failing economy & government. With so many people facing unemployment and foreclosures, we feel there is no relief in sight...however there is...we must all "Keep the Faith" that the Lord will see us all through this hard time! So take a few minutes and take a little walk with Jesus and tell him about all your troubles! He will listen and you will feel better I promise!

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

I just get excited everytime I read your blog. God is really drawing you and your family into him...and you're letting him. I love that. He has those strong arms wrapped around your precious family, Christy! Truly he does. You keep the faith, girl. I'm certain he's so very proud of you. :)

lori said...

Yeah what Jeanne said!!

love ya girl!!!

Deborah said...

I don't get much time to myself anymore but your blog makes me want to go take a walk right now! :) I love that you feel free enough to share like that with us all!



Cocoa Beach June 2008