Friday, October 10, 2008

It's Not Forever, Just For Now!

I have a friend that always used to tell anyone who was complaining about anything "It's Not Forever, Just For Now" . How right she is. I have to tell myself that one all the time and the kids too... Its one way to look at a situation you maybe in, it may seem like forever especially if its bad, but eventually it will fade away (usually) I know this is not the case in everything.

I tell my kids that when they dont want to do homework or go somewhere they dont like...If they will just grin and bare it for a little while it will soon be over! Im having to learn this myself with the financial situation we are in as a family and the whole USA! I know this strain can not last forever, it will get better eventually. Right now things look pretty dim for Americas, our economy and our government. I sometimes wonder if we will ever see the light at the end of the tunnel, but know in the back of my mind there will be but it may be a long time from now. I know more than ever we have to turn our eyes toward God and keep faith he will watch over us all and the good will come out of all this bad.


As it doesn't look like Im going to find a job anytime soon (I know I sound like a broken record "Its Not Forever Just For Now!"). Im going to have to be pretty creative for Christmas this year. We are going to give handmade crafts and for the kids be more selective in what we buy instead of buying the whole store. Its gonna be a shock this year for them, not that I have always been able to give them every expensive thing on their list but for the most part they got what they wanted plus some! However, Im excited that maybe this year they will actually understand what Christmas is all about, the birth of Jesus and feeling the joy of making & giving to others and not getting, getting, getting (all that extra stuff usually ends up in a yard sale anyway!) I think they will enjoy it more when they have a gift to give that they made themselves or at least I hope they do! They will get a few things they want, a few they need and a heart full of Love!


So last night I implemented something I had been thinking about doing...NO TV/COMPUTER/VIDEO GAMES NIGHT! You would have thought I told them I was gonna shot them when I mentioned it... but it was actually pleasant, we completed a few "to-dos" like o like their Christmas list, some 4-H paperwork for the fair, extra reading for AR points!!! Since it was rainy they were a little bored at first but during a few minute break we went for a quick bike ride/walk and ended up getting rained on before we got home...hehe... Brant sliced the potatoes for supper and then after dinner we sat down together to work on our No Sew Blankets we are making for Christmas and 4-H! Wow that was fun! It also gave me a chance to go through some of my craft supplies that Ive had forever, I found some cross stitching pieces that I havent finished so I may start working on them again...what the heck I need just one more thing to add to my to do list...LOL...Over all, the night went by pretty good without any total breakdowns. I will say Larry did watch a little news after Chey went to bed (but that's OK) then we all went to bed earlier than normal! Wow I may have to do that twice a week!

We are taking my nieces Katie & Savannah to find a pumpkin patch tomorrow (or at least I hope we find one) I cant wait to take pictures of them! If you haven't seen my gorgeous nieces wait til I post those pics! I will share next week!

One more little thing, I ask that you guys will remember us in prayer for Larry's job. With everything happening to the economy most companies are having cut backs and lay offs. We are hoping it will not effect us, but have been told no one is safe from a layoff...so with that said we are a little scared but keeping the Faith that God will watch over and keep us and if it happens we will deal with it keeping our eyes on him!

Hope you all have a wonderful Weekend!

6 comments:

lori said...

Girl I am so with you.. It's going to be a shocking christmas here as well..
it's for now...not forever

jennykate77 said...

That's a good saying for us all to keep in mind...it applies to so many things!

I'll keep your family in my prayers. God is good and he always provides!

It's not forever, just for now!

Have a great weekend!!

Deborah said...

I have to say...i like that saying too! I might have to use it!!! And you know...i was just saying the other day how I was tired of giving the kids lots of "stuff" for christmas. I don't remember all the "stuff" i got over the years but rather the christmas memories. so that's what i want to give the kids...memories!

Renee said...

Thanks for stopping by!! And speaking of clothes, right before I sat down, I had to turn the dryer back on because the clothes I put in last night were cold and wrinkled! Go figure!! You post are great!! Your family is adorable! And I'll keep you in my prayers!

Denise said...

Hi there! Great blog. I know what you mean about the economy. I asked my husband what we should cut back on to save a little moola so I mentioned cutting back to basic cable. You'd have thought I asked for a kidney or something. :) ha ha. Take care.

QueenBeeing said...

Yep, I couldn't agree more. It's a wonderful way of looking at things and truly helps one maintain a positive state of mind...and in my opinion, a positive state of mind draws more positive things into one's life. Great post!



Cocoa Beach June 2008