Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Our 3rd Anniversary

Today is our 3rd Wedding Anniversary...Hard to believe that is has been 3 years already and then in the same breath it feel like its been a lifetime! To us our relationship has been like a fairy tale...no not always as perfect...but really amazing. I have been thinking about this post for a few days and how I wanted present it. There are so many things I want to write but it would take all day to read what I have in my heart to say. So I'm gonna give a brief overview of my thoughts and I have included a slide show of my favorite wedding pictures (That was hard in itself to narrow down).

Sometimes I'm still in awe over how we started out! Both of us broken and bruised from our past. I myself was in a relationship at the time that had been bad for a long time...My mom kept telling me that by 30 I better have my life straight or she was going to intervene...Moms you gotta love their persistence! So there I sat at 29 & a half watching my life go by virtually out of my control...then in the blink of an eye it all changed...

We knew each other already, he worked with my dad, he had became a part of the family at their house. We saw each other on holidays and cookouts, but only talked a few times. He says he had a crush on me the whole time, I guess I was blind, I can say there was a time that we were there and he was on the phone with a girl and I felt jealous! I went home thinking to myself "Why are you jealous, you don't even know him!" Then the time he walked in and time stood still for both of us, we sat and stared at each other for what felt like an eternity but was really only seconds (thankfully no one else noticed). About 3 weeks later we ended up going to the same place, me with friends,him with my Dad & Step Mom and that's when it clicked! We ended up moving in together after 1 month, got engaged after 2 months and were married in 6 months. I married him 29 days before my 30Th birthday!

Our wedding was on Daytona Beach, thanks to all my family and friends. It was truly a group effort. Everyone pitched in to help along in some way, my mom worked endlessly on the flowers, decorations, planning and plotting;) My dad made the lovely chocolate starfish on my cake (which I had decided to forget when they kept breaking, but he found a way to make them for me!)My sister in law Kiley married us, my friend Mina took all my pictures. I would be here all day listing everyone that helped us through it,but if you were one of them know how much we truly appreciated everything and we love you all for it! I have to say it was a family affair one of which was the most enjoyable times of my life, I had my Mom's family & My Dad's family all working together as One! We all stayed at the Americano Beach Resort and made it a weekend complete with a Rainbow in the sky after our first kiss as husband & wife! They also surprised me at the reception and Brant sang "God Bless the Broken Road" to us...needless to say I cried the whole time! We are such a Karaoke family, pretty much everyone sang that night!!!

I cant really express to you all how lucky I feel when I think about the last 3 years, what it took to get me here and where we will be going. Larry has truly been a gift from God for me, my children and my family. I don't know where we would be without him. Looking back I wouldn't change anything, since I had to go through all of that to find him. Despite the small struggles we go through as a blended family, its all been worth it to me. He makes me laugh, he opens my doors, he holds my hand, loves to see my tears of joy & compassion, loves my kids and family as they are all blood to him and has a heart bigger than he is. My only regret now looking back is that we decided we wouldn't have a child together (for various reasons) now we wish we would have waited to make that decision, our feelings are quite different now more than 2 years ago...but we enjoy the ones we have and love them dearly (just secretly I think it would have been awesome to share that experience with him) So here is to my husband, the man I thought would surely never come because I was not worthy of such love. But God showed me differently and I will thank him everyday for what a blessing Larry has been to all of us!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing! You looked so beautiful and he looked so handsome. I found myself getting a little teary eyed after reading your post, then watching the slideshow. Kiley has already told me how wonderful the two of you are together...I am so happy for you!

Cheryl said...

God answered this momma's prayer when Larry Gaines walked into your life and the life of my grandchildren. Larry was a gift from God for this whole family and I intend to remind both of you daily of just how much momma loves you both! Happy Anniversary!

lori said...

I loved reading this. You two look so happy together..

Deborah said...

awww what a beautiful story! and BEAUTIFUL pictures...beach wedding pictures are the best. thank you for sharing your story!

jennykate77 said...

What a beautiful story you have to tell! God definitely has blessed your life. The pictures are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Congrats on your 3 year anniversary!

The Russ Family said...

I am so happy for the two of you! Christy you deserve all the blessings God gives you. What a great story!

Jeanne said...

You look radiant! WOW! Sweet story, too! :)



Cocoa Beach June 2008