Friday, October 24, 2008

My Husband Rocks Friday-Reason #2





Friday already? Where did this week go? Oh, I know where it went...I will be posting that on Monday in my Not Me! Monday Post so you will have to wait until then! But for now another reason why My Husband Rocks!

First of all, I always told everyone "When I get married again, I want someone who can fix things, a real handy man!". Well I got one! There is absolutely nothing my husband can not fix or build. I bought one of those tiny little 5.00 personal shaver things and when I put the battery in it didn't work. I was going to throw it away...nope, he took it apart and fixed it and I have had it almost 3 years!

It's really not about that he can "fix" so much though, its more that he is willing to do anything for anyone even if he has never done it before! I can not count how many nights, weekends or days off he has given to others to help them when needed. Some have been a "side job" to make money but for the most part it is all out of the goodness of his heart. From taking care of our neighbors yard, electrical wiring a whole building, fixing a car, building a dog room for my mom (which turned out awesome!) actually the list is too long, but you get the picture he can do it all...

He feels guilty sometimes because there are things here at home that need to be done and he is stretched so thin helping others that he cant get to ours, but I know in time ours will get handled too. I have never seen someone so talented and willing. He is truly a selfless man. He doesn't always get rewarded with money, but he has told me he knows he will be rewarded in Heaven and that is all that matters. Just knowing that he helped someone and that they appreciate it is all he needs.
There are not enough words to tell you how proud I am he is my husband and I appreciate all he does!
This is my 2nd reason my husband rocks, I have lots more so check back next week! If you would like to see more My Husband Rocks Friday or want to join in the fun click the collage above or the link below!
http://honestandlasting.blogspot.com/2008/10/my-husband-rocks-thoughtful.html


3 comments:

melissa said...

that is so incredibly sweet of you!!! I love the husband rocks friday! I love and appreciate my husband so mucg as well!! You are such a sweet heart!!

hugs
Melissa

Jeanne said...

What a good man! His heart is too sweet. I tell you what, you guys are very blessed to have each other! :)

Deborah said...

You have a keeper, Christy!! He sounds awesome...hopefully we'll get to meet him at the next reunion?!?!



Cocoa Beach June 2008