Monday, October 20, 2008

My First Photo Shoot

Yesterday I had the privilege to take maternity pictures for my honorary sister, Sloan. My sister Mandi and Sloan have been best friends forever. Her and Toby are a big part of our family and we all love them. I was so excited (and nervous) when she asked me to take her photos. They are the cutest couple and I enjoyed helping make the memories of her pregnancy!

This is my first "official" photo shoot, though. I have played around with my camera and I took our family photos last year. I have often thought it would be lots of fun to take pictures for a living and I really enjoy it! This is a path of new discovery for me and I'm excited to see where it leads me. I'm hoping to have a few more scheduled shoots in the near future, I want to do babies, kids, maternity and families! I may try one of those "trash the dress" sessions too, they look like alot of fun!

So here are just a few of the pics from yesterday and I will be making a slide show by the end of the week to post! I hope you all enjoy them! Feel free to comment, good or bad! I need constructive criticism, its good for learning!









5 comments:

jennykate77 said...

The pictures are fantastic! I had no idea...what a talent you have! The black and whites are definitely my favorite...the one with his and her hands making the hearts on her belly is the best! Great photo shoot! Can't wait to see what's in store for you :)

Hope you've had a marvelous Monday!

Hannah said...

They are great! Sign me up! I love the black and white ones, so sweet! We will have to set a date in December to take ours!

lori said...

Great job..
I can totally see you doing that for a living

Deborah said...

Great job Christy! I love taking pictures too...at least of my kid I do! :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I love the one on the right bottom corner with the hearts/hands.



Cocoa Beach June 2008